If having a sense of inner peace is not on your radar, perhaps you should reconsider that. Whether we like it or not, whatever is going on inside reflects on the outside. If you have internal turmoil, it’s bound to externally expose itself. Think about your health – if your intestines are full of junk it’s only a matter of time before you begin to physically see the effects of that. The same thing goes for your state of mind and your emotions.
Let’s move towards a state of inner peace by reading these quotes that remind us of the importance of it.
1. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” —Dalai Lama
2. “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.” —Wayne W. Dyer
3. “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” —Saint Francis de Sales
5. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” —Marvin Gaye
6. “Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances.” – Thomas Jefferson
7. “Don’t be fooled into thinking that worry, anxiety or any kind of negativity is justified. Give these kind of thoughts no authority when they arise, and they will soon exhaust themselves.” – Adam Oakley
8. “Do everything with a mind that lets go. Do not expect praise or reward.” – Achaan Chah
9. “Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.” – Mahatma Gandhi
10. “Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we’re frantic, life will be frantic. If we’re peaceful, life will be peaceful.” – Marianne Williamson
11. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
12. “A calm mind is not disturbed by the waves of thoughts.” – Remez Sasson
13. “For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.” – Larry Eisenberg
14. “Keep quiet. Do your work in the world, but inwardly keep quiet. Then all will come to you.” -Nisaragada Ha Maharaj
15. “Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.” – Doris Mortman
How do you reach a state of inner peace? You have to work at it, it’s a constant thing.
You don’t just shout INNER PEACE and expect it all to fall together. (You can try it though, because it might actually help to remind you of the goal.) But what it really takes is a strong will, daily motivation, and making a conscious effort to put yourself in situations that are conducive to you reaching that goal.
If you are trying to reach a state of inner peace, don’t go sniffing around places that you already know are full of drama and despair. You have to master control over yourself first before you can expect to successfully navigate tumultuous external circumstances.
What do you think? What methods have you found for staying in a state of inner peace? I’d love to hear from you.